The following is written in anÂ effort to ensure transparency so that you can be assured that what you are reading is full of editorial integrity:
- We don’t work for any big brands or PR agencies and we don’t accept payment to write about a product. If weÂ ever did, it would be called a Sponsored PostÂ and would be clearly shown in the title, just like when you open a mag or newspaper and see Advertorial. But we don’t do these.
- We will always explicitly state when we own something and also when we endorse a store, but writing about a product or a store is not actually an endorsement.
- We do get sent products to check out, but the majority of these are returned as there’s is only so much room in our houses (plus there’s no such thing as a free meal).
- We only feature stuff thatÂ we love, so if we’reÂ not feeling something, it just won’t be featured. End of. As weÂ like our kids to look good, we’re not going to suggest clothing that will have your own kids looking dodge!
- We do accept paid advertising on the site, but this has absolutely zero influence on what is featured. We like to keep a clear distance between advertising and editorial, so if someone wants to advertise, they need to cough up.
- We won’t feature someone who says that if we do they’ll advertise, as it’s the start of a journey down a slippery slope.
- We source the majority of our finds on our continuous window shopping, plus we get tipped off by mates, designers, readers etc. We do receive press releases, but they account for a minuscule amount of what we cover and we don’t do regurgitation, so you can be assured that our words are our ownÂ – no rehashed press releases here.
- As of December 2014, we have our own store Shop Bambino Goodies and we will sporadically feature items if they fitÂ the postÂ as, obviously, we love everything we stock!
If you have any questions, please email us firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for reading!
Nat, Lu & Claire
Updated January 2015